Monday, May 5, 2014

Inspiration Monday...Featured photographer!!!

Today's feature is nothing short of amazing. She inspires me every day with her beautiful art. Each image tells an amazing story, evokes emotion and leaves you wanting more. Her style is moody, very emotive and thought provoking! If you haven't heard of Nicola from Nicola Stewart Photography you are in for a real treat! So grab a cup of coffee sit down, read a bit about Nicola and look at her stunning imagery!




How did you come up with your business name? 

 I kept it simple and used my name.




What brought you to photography? 

 I have always loved everything about photography but I would have to say that it was when my children were born. I couldn’t get enough images of them and it grew from there.  




What do you like to shoot? 

 Lifestyle 




who is you favorite muse? 

 My children inspire me, I love capturing all of their special moments, their emotions and connections. 




What is in your camera bag? 

 Nikon D610, 85mm & 50mm 




What type of camera bag do you rock? 

 I’m ashamed to say that I don’t have anything spectacular but it is very dear to me. I have an awesome little retro canvas bag that my husband bought for me along with my very first DLSR 




photoshop or Lightroom? 

 Lightroom 




Jpeg or Raw? 

 Raw 




In three words only how would you describe your photography style? 

 Moody, emotional & authentic 




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why? 

 There are far too many to mention but I would have to say DeAnna McCasland, her lifestyle images are stunning & Emma Wood as her work is just timeless.  




 Favorite season to shoot and why? 

I live in Scotland where we can have wind, rain, sun and snow….all in one day! But I would have to say Spring time when everything is new and fresh.




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..) 

Homemade banana & honey muffins! My son loves them so when he asks for a baking day I have to make sure that I limit myself to just one or I could easily eat them all in one day.   




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date? 

I purchased a new camera recently and I had my youngest son out for a practice run, all was going well and he was being fantastic but I just couldn’t work out why my camera was’nt focussing properly…..I got home to later realise that it was set at manual focus! Something that I always double check now before a shoot!  




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out? 

 Have fun, shoot from the heart and enjoy capturing every moment.




 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers? 

 I am a stay at home mummy so bringing up my 2 boys is my dream career. I couldn’t think of a more rewarding job than that. 




 What is your goal for photography for the next 3 years? 

 I would love to set up my own business and have a lovely little studio in the country. 





If you would like to continue following her lovely work follow her Facebook page here Nicola Stewart Photography. Please go show her some love. Until next time, XOXO!