Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Inspiration Monday...Featured Photographer!!!

A day late but here is Monday's Inspiration. This feature is someone that I personally love. Her work is so real life and emotive and raw. It pulls me in. She only processes in B&W and you all know I adore B&W's. You must take a few minutes to read a bit about Dawn Blomquist Photography and look at her amazing true life images.

How did you come up with your business name?

Initially it was Mia Bella Vita photography, however, I figured my name was better than that, and so it’s been that way since 2011.






 What brought you to photography?

My best friend brought me to photography.  Who knew that I had a talent for it???  Definitely not me.




 What do you like to shoot? 

I would love to shoot buildings in Europe.




 who is you favorite muse?

My son is definitely my favorite muse.




 What is in your camera bag?

Just my Rebel and a 50mm.




 What type of camera bag do you rock?

An Epiphanie.






 photoshop or Lightroom?

Photoshop




 Jpeg or Raw?

Jpeg




 In three words only how would you describe your photography style? 

Hmmm, black and white, lifestyle,




Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

Sarah Cornish of My Four Hens, and the 2nd one is such a tough one.  I have a lot of favorite photographers.  I love Sarah for so many reasons.




 Favorite season to shoot and why?

 I don’t have a specific season I love to shoot in.  Being a lifestyle photographer, I shoot indoors, so I can shoot in any season.




 what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  chocolate, soda..)

Mountain Dew, white mochas/mocha frappuccinos from Starbucks, and so many other things.




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?  

Honestly, I can’t think of any.




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out? 

Know your rules before you break them, and don’t say you specialize in everything under the sun.




If you weren't a photographer what would you be instead, any dream careers?  

No clue.




What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years?

I would love for more people to know who I am, and to have more shoots that mean something to my clients.
                                  

If you would like to continue to follow Dans's lovely work follow her Facebook page here Dawn Blomquist Photography. Please go show her lots of love. Until next time, XOXO