Friday, May 30, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday...Featured Photographer!

Today's feature is lovely. This session is breathtakingly gorgeous. So intimate and beautiful. Soft, dreamy edits, outdoors with lovely light! This session could not be any more romantic! Please take a few minutes to read a bit about Marylie of Marylie Photography and look at her stunning imagery.




 How did you come up with your business name?

I wanted something that people could remember.  Since my name is pretty unusual, I thought it would be perfect.  




 What brought you to photography?

I've always LOVED to create art… It's always been part of me.  Like many photographers, I started taking a lot of pictures when my children were born and I got the bug! 




 What do you like to shoot?

I am a 'jack of all trades', and photograph everything, but I especially love boudoir sessions, and creative sessions.  




 who is you favorite muse?

I have several muses, but one of my favorite is the daughter of one of my friends… Tailor.  She is absolutely gorgeous, a ballet dancer, creative, and inspire me so much. 




 What is in your camera bag?

My camera bag is one of my loves :)  Inside you will find a Nikon D600, 24mm - 70mm, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8 and the 80mm-200mm.  Lip gloss, tissues, a pen, gum, and a note from my husband that he wrote me a long time ago to Rock the Session!




 What type of camera bag do you rock?

I rock a green Kelly Moore bag (a Beautiful Mess)




 photoshop or Lightroom?

I use both for each sessions




 Jpeg or Raw?

Raw all the way baby!




 In three words only how would you describe your photography style?

real, colorful, artsy




 Top 2 favorite photographers and why?

I love so many photographers, but if I had to choose two, I would pick Meg Bitton, she pushes the envelop so much and is so creative and I also follow Privizzini's Passion Photography religiously.  Her work is so raw, emotional and real.  She is amazing.  




 Favorite season to shoot and why?

Fall.  It's not too hot here in Texas, and the colors are just wonderful.




what is your non photography related down fall? (example:  , soda..)

Coffee.  I love coffee and find it hard to keep it at one cup a day. 




 What is your most embarrassing moment at a shoot to date?

I am very clumsy and often fall on shoots… I always tell my clients to save the camera, I'll be fine :)




 What is your one best piece of advice to give someone just starting out?

Be inspired by others work, but don't copy!  Practice, practice, practice, learn, learn, learn… educate yourself! 




 If you weren't photographer what would you be, any dream careers?

Nothing else.  I have done other careers, and photography is what completes me :)




 What is you goal for photography for the next 3 years?

Expand my business, shoot in Canada, and continue capturing memories for my clients! 




If you would like to continue to folio Marylie's beautiful work follow her Facebook page here Marylie Photography. Please go show her some love! Until next time, XOXO!